Woodlands Dental Practice
At Woodlands Dental Practice, our aim is to provide the highest quality dental care in a friendly and relaxing environment.
Our dedicated and highly trained team aim to provide a pleasant experience for all visitors to our practice.
The practice has been operating on this site for over 80 years, and have been in our current purpose built premises since 1999.
Here at Woodlands Dental Practice, we endeavour to ensure that you receive the treatment that is best for you.
For both adults and children, we provide dental care under the NHS. We also offer private and cosmetic dental treatment.
We are dedicated to providing high quality NHS dental care to our patients
For both adults and children, we provide dental care under the NHS
Emergency dental treatment – £23.80 This covers emergency care in a primary care NHS dental practice such as pain relief or a temporary filling.
Band 1 course of treatment – £23.80 This covers an examination, diagnosis (including X-rays), advice on how to prevent future problems, and preventative care such as the application of fluoride varnish or fissure sealant if appropriate.
Band 2 course of treatment – £65.20 This covers everything listed in Band 1 above, plus any further treatment such as fillings, periodontal care, root canal work or removal of teeth but not more complex items covered by Band 3.
Band 3 course of treatment – £282.80 This covers everything listed in Bands 1 and 2 above, plus crowns, dentures, bridges and other laboratory work.
Our aim is to provide the highest quality dental care in a friendly and relaxing environment.
Woodlands Dental Practice is an award winning dental practice providing both NHS and private dental care in Rock Ferry, Wirral.
We have successfully been awarded BDA Good Practice.
Our highly trained team aim to provide a pleasant experience for all our visitors.
Patients may ask to register with a male or female dentist who are supported by our friendly and experienced staff.
Register as a new NHS patient
Our waiting list currently has a minimum of 800 patients on it.
We can not confirm when you will be offered an appointment due prioritising our registered patients
and our current NHS capacity.
If you still wish to be added to our waiting list please complete the form below.
Please do not ring to check when you will be seen, you will be contacted in date order.
If you do not have a dentist and require urgent dental care, please ring
Cheshire & Merseyside Dental Helpline on 0161 476 9651.
After care advice
Advice After Having a Tooth Removed
• If it starts to bleed again, use the spare pack provided and bite firmly for 20 minutes. Then check if the bleeding has stopped by removing the pack and watching for 20 seconds. Repeat this process with the same pack if it’s still bleeding, otherwise throw the pack away. If the bleeding won’t stop please seek advice using the numbers below.
• Take painkillers before the numbing wears off. Avoid aspirin as it increases bleeding.
• Take it easy for the rest of the day.
• Keep any food away from the area and avoid hot drinks whilst numb.
• Start hot salty mouthwashes the next day after meals. Continue for at least 2 days.
• Contact the practice if you need more help.
• Brush as usual, just avoid the sore area
• Rinse your mouth out today as this can disturb the initial healing.
• Smoke, drink alcohol or exercise for the rest of the day.
• Brush around the area for the first 24 hours.
Following these instructions helps to avoid an infected socket which can be very painful.
If you have continuing pain or a bad taste a few days after the extraction please contact the practice.
Woodlands Dental Practice 0151 645 3967 during normal opening hours
Outside these times:
Out of hours – 0161 476 9651
NHS 24 hour helpline - 111
Denplan patients only – 0800 844 9999
© 2023 Website Updated November 2023
General Dental Council